We have been alerted to more changes to the way imports of live animals need to be processed coming into the UK. See the email below from Defra and this information to help. Business Readiness – Registrations v2 (004)
From: SM-Defra-Defra Imports and Exports Communications (DEFRA) <DefraImportsandExportsCommunications@defra.gov.uk>
Sent: 20 February 2020 17:14
Subject: URGENT – Importers of live animals, POAO or HRFNAO from outside the EU must prepare for system changes next week
As you know, the way in which we import from countries outside of the EU is changing. This means that if you import POAO (products of animal origin) or live animals from outside the EU, you need to be both registered and ready to use the new systems.
Importers of HRFNAO have already transitioned and are using TRACES NT to raise the new CHED (Common Health Entry Document) instead of the CED. Importers of POAO and live animals will similarly raise CHEDs instead of CVEDs.
The Commission are aiming for a transition at the end of February. We cannot yet give you a confirmed date as we are working with them to address the technical issues associated with migration but rest assured that we will keep you updated.
In the event that technical issues prevent usage of TRACES NT in time for switchover we are also preparing IPAFFS as our contingency solution. For this reason you must also ensure that you are registered with IPAFFS. We will of course give you advance notice if that is the path we need to take.
You do not need to register on either TRACES NT or IPAFFS if you:
- are not responsible for the load and do not raise notifications
- only trade with the EU as you will continue to use TRACES Classic for Live Animals and ABP
How to register for TRACES NT
- Create a new EU Login account.
- Once you have your new EU Login Account you can Request a new user access profile in TRACES.NT
- The profile you create must reflect your role and associated activities, for example as an economic operator or Border Control Post (BCP) official.
- Economic operators must choose the BCP to which they wish to be associated for registration purposes. Once registered you will be able to import through any BCP.
- BCP users should associate themselves with the appropriate Competent Authority. Requests will be validated by the Competent Authority or BCP depending on your role.
Please be aware the first user registering a new TRACES NT account will become the admin for that organisation and thereby be responsible for authorising all further users within their organisation.
Have a look at these videos on You Tube if you need more help:
For any technical help with the TRACES NT registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the attached on how to register for IPAFFS
If you are already registered, please check you have your gateway ID and your password.
If you have forgotten your Government Gateway user ID or your memorable word please contact the APHA Service Desk by phone on 03300 416 999 or email.
If you would like more detail or have questions, please reply to this email. Depending on the demand we can speak to you individually or organise a conference call.
The Imports and Exports Team
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)