We offer this free job listing service to our member businesses. Want to advertise your vacancy here? Then OATA member businesses can drop us details about your job to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll also share on our social media channels to help spread the word.
The Aquatic Habitat
The Aquatic Habitat in Brockworth in Gloucestershire is searching for a new part time seasonal retail assistant to join their team.
The Aquatic Habitat is a highly successful, well established, family owned independent Aquatic retailer. Specialising in Aquatics, it offers a wide range of products to cater for all customers and is now looking for an enthusiastic & committed retail assistant to join its experienced team of pet care professionals.
You will be working with the rest of our team, be responsible for key areas within our pond department and ensuring our customers receive outstanding service.
We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can.
- Livestock – to care for fish & plant livestock to a high standard, cleaning & maintenance of display ponds & aquatic plant displays.
- Customer Service – greeting customers, helping & providing sound advice on all aspects of fishkeeping, demonstrating products & water quality testing.
- Till Service – processing transactions through till in an efficient & accurate manner.
- Stock Maintenance – receiving deliveries & checking off, ensuring stock is displayed correctly and topped up. Manual handling – lifting aquariums, pond liners, gravel bags & physical work associated with maintenance of systems & displays. Keeping customer areas clean & tidy.
- General store upkeep.
Successful candidates for this job require the following:-
- Good communication & customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Approachable & friendly with a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of freshwater fishkeeping alongside basic knowledge of ponds & water features.
- History of Retail is an advantage but not essential & training will be given on a day to day basis.
- Good numeracy skills
- Honest & trustworthy team player.
Part-time hours – up to 16hrs per week. Weekend work – occasionally. Salary – dependant on age & experience.
- Employees discount.
- Free on site parking.
Please send your CV to email@example.com Or The Aquatic Habitat, Shurdington Road, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4PU
Application end date – 31st March 2023.
The Aquatic Store
The Aquatic Store in Bedminster, Bristol is searching for a candidate to join its fast paced award winning aquatic store team. A part time position is available including weekend days and can include bank holidays, holiday and sickness cover.
A keen interest in all areas of fish keeping is a must but qualifications not necessary. High standards of customer service are important at The Aquatic Store, so applicants should be enthusiastic and professional. On site vocational training and diploma accredited by City and Guilds fully paid for by the company is available.
The job will require:
- Work efficiently as part of a team in a fast paced retail store.
- Be reliable, hardworking and enthusiastic to learn.
- Greet all customers in a approachable and friendly manner to maintain high standards of customer service ensuring customers leave the store fully satisfied.
- Use your fishkeeping knowledge to help customers with varying levels of experience and maintain our policy of responsible fishkeeping.
- Duties would also include the day to day maintenance of shop aquariums and equipment, general livestock care, record keeping and interacting and helping customers.
Holiday and national living wage
Six month probation period
Please send a cover letter and cv into store or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our City & Guilds Foundation and Advanced Training programmes which are perfect for demonstrating species-specific training that will improve your staff’s knowledge about the animals they sell and demonstrate a commitment to excellence during pet shop/animal activities licensing time. Both courses were designed by aquatics experts and are well-recognised within the industry and by licensing authorities.